Today I’m going to share a natural, home-made beauty recipe with you all! My ‘Double Egg Face Mask’ uses both the egg white and the yolk to tighten pores and give you a gorgeous complexion. It is very simple to make, gentle on the skin and contains zero chemicals unlike some store bought face masks.
It’s also SUPER CHEAP as you only need one egg!
Egg whites have astringent properties that help shrink large pores by tightening the skin and eliminating blackheads. The egg white also help keep wrinkles at bay and cleanses, tones and brightens the skin.
Egg yolks lock huge amount of moisture into your skin cells, leaving your face soft and smooth. Egg yolks treat acne, pimples and repairs the skin as well as hydrating, moisturising and nourishing dry skin.
Let’s Do It!
Before you apply this facemask – it would be wise to do a simple patch test on your inner wrist or elbow to see if you have any allegic reactions to egg.
What You Will Need:
2 SMALL BOWLS
A WHISK / FORK
2 SLICED CUCUMBERS* (optional)
OR 2 COLD TEABAGS* (optional)
*(FOR OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS SEE TIPS & TRICKS BELOW)*
Part 1 | Egg White
1) Crack an egg and separate the egg white from the yolk – placing the egg white in one bowl and the yolk in another.
2) Whisk the egg white with a fork and apply to your face.
3) Leave on for around 15-20 minutes.
4) Peel the egg white off your face and cleanse with warm water to make sure all traces of egg are removed. Splash your face with cold water or run an ice cube across it to close your pores. Then pat dry with a towel.
Part 2 | Egg Yolk
1) Whisk the yolk with a fork and apply it generously to your face.
2) Leave on for 10-20 minutes.
3) Wash your face with warm water to remove all of the yolk from your skin.
4) Finish by rubbing an ice cube / splashing cold water over your skin to close your pores.
All done. 😊
I recommend doing the ‘Double Egg Face Mask’ twice a week! ❤
Tips & Tricks
1) Take a hot bath or shower before you apply the face mask. The steam produced by hot water will cleanse your skin and open up your pores. I steam my face the ‘old-fashioned’ way by placing my head above a large bowl of hot kettle water then cover my head with a bath a towel – this stops steam from escaping. You can do this for however long you want but for best results – I recommend 5 minutes!
2) Place a cucumber slice on each eye to soothe and refresh tired or bloodshot eyes. Cucumbers are very high in Vitamin E which helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes – acting like an anti-ageing treatment.
3) Recycle two used teabags. Put them into the freezer for 5-10 minutes to ensure there cold. Take them out of the freezer and place one teabag on each eye. You can use any type of teabags, my favourites being chamomile, green tea or just good old Tetley. Teabags contain tannins and caffeine which help by reducing puffiness, dark circles as well as tightening as soothing the delicate skin around your eyes.
Thanks for reading girls, I hope this works as good for your skin as it does for mine! Check out my other DIY Beauty Projects HERE.
FOLLOW KATIE ROSE LOVES ON SOCIAL MEDIA: