Hope you’re all doing good! I have a little project for you today… I’ll be showing you how I made my own Polaroid Photo Frame which I absolutely LOVE so I hope you guys like it too! I have tons of Polaroids lying around and I wanted to display them on my living room wall. I don’t like the look of them hanging from twine or fairy lights like you see on tumblr and pinterest and instead wanted a more cleaner, contemporary look so I opted for a large frame instead. It is super easy to make and it doesn’t cost the world and as well as being easy and cheap(ish) it looks absolutely fabulous plus it’s a wonderful way to display your favourite pics. Every-time somebody comes into my home, they always comment on how cool it looks and how much they love it, so I thought I’d share it on here to let everybody know how easy and simple it was to make. It will cost you a little bit of money but not as much as if you were to buy it ready-made from a photography shop. It only cost me the price of the large frame which was £19.99 and the price of the Polaroids which I got from Lalalab.
How To Make:
1. So first of all you will need a frame. I chose a large sturdy 61 x 91.5 maxi poster frame from Amazon UK which was £19.99, you could get the same size as I did or maybe get a smaller or bigger one. It has a 30mm frame, wall hangers included for both portrait and landscape display and is made of shatterproof Styrene instead of glass. I also chose the white frame but it is available in black too. I got my frame here if you’d like to take a look.
2. Next, you’ll need your Polaroids. If you haven’t already got some Polaroids lying around, you can head over to Lalalab and get some prints there. Simply click on ‘products’ on the menu and then ‘prints’ and chose the 10×12 vintage option, each print costs 0.39 euro’s which is about 35p or select ‘boxes’ (which is what I chose). In my LALABOX I got 32 photos in Vintage format (10x12cm). The box was 15.9 euro’s which is around £14. I did six rows of 5 Polaroids so 30 photo’s altogether. You can also add captions to your photographs and choose between eight colours too. The website is easy to use and you can upload pics from your computer or Facebook which is handy. If you enter my discount code: PGV2E9ZZ upon checkout you will get yourself £5 worth of credit on your account. you’re very welcome! 🙂
3. Wait for the frame and your chosen prints to arrive. I got my frame the next day because I am an Amazon Prime Member but I waited a couple of days for my Polaroid prints from Lalalab to arrive.
4. Ok, so when they have both arrived, take the back of the frame off and there will be a blue advert poster already inside, turn it round onto the plain white side and using sticky tape or blu-tak, stick your pictures down onto the white side of the poster, spacing them all out evenly.
5. Check they are secure and once your happy with how they look, put the back of the frame back on and clip it down and voila!
(Sorry about the crap images, my mobile phone is sh!te.)