I made these adorable pom pom pin cushions yesterday from fabric scraps and I thought I’d let you all know how I made them. Pin cushions are the easiest things to make and I think they are the perfect sewing project for beginners. You can use a sewing machine if you wish but I myself prefer to sew them by hand. I used fabric from My Fabric House and My Fabrics UK and the pom poms were bought from My Fabric House.
What You Will Need:
- COTTON & NEEDLE
- POLYESTER FILLING
- POM POM RIBBON
- A PEN
- SOMETHING WITH A ROUND BASE (TEMPLATE)
How To Make:
- Sketch a circle onto the back of the fabric and fold the fabric in half (right sides together) and pin together. Use something with a round base as a template to draw a perfect circle, (You could also cut two circles out from the fabric instead and placing them right sides together and pinning.
- Sew along the edge of the circle where you have sketched – make sure to leave out an inch gap to stuff the cushion with the polyester filling.
- Cut the excess fabric off so you are left with a circle.
- Put your finger in the gap and turn the fabric out so the right sides are showing and fill with the polyester filling. Make sure the cushion is packed with the filling and it looks plump.
- Sew along the edge of the cushion to close the opening which you left for stuffing the cushion
- Take your pom pom ribbon and matching cotton and sew the ribbon along the seams of the cushion.
Here’s my finished Pom Pom Pin Cushions:
FOLLOW ME, KATIE ROSE, ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
You could also subscribe to my blog by email – see my side bar for the follow button.