I have got the Oxygen Facial Scrub from Derma NU here. Derma Nu are another American beauty brand who sell here in the UK and they have some amazing skincare products for both men and women. Check out their website here. I was gifted the scrub for review purposes about two weeks ago now and I have used it a couple of times already. So, lets get a move on with this review, hey!
What is it?
Derma Nu say the scrub is:
- Loaded with blueberries, cranberries and vitamin C which infuses the skin with powerful anti-oxidants fighting the signs of aging.
- It GENTLY exfoliates while oxygenating the skin with vitamins and minerals found in the detoxifying berries and herbs that make up this scrub.
- Pomegranate, rhubarb and dandelion lend their youthening bioflavonoids to this blend, while jojoba beads, olive and hibiscus decongest the pores and exfoliate the skin for smoother, younger and glowing skin.
- The scrub is formulated with 70% organic ingredients, this plant-based anti-aging Facial Scrub has the highest percentage of natural and active ingredients for maximum potency.
- Paraben free and non-comdogenic.
- Not tested on animals.
When I first seen the tub, I didnt think much of it to be honest. It is a small 50ml, semi-opaque plastic tub and it has a grey shimmery screw top lid. It looks inexpensive, quite plain and it’s really nothing special, appearance wise.
After screwing off the lid and seeing the ‘scrub’ for the first time, I thought ‘eugh!’ – It really doesn’t look appealing at all! – It is brownish in colour and has a grainy, jelly like texture! I put my nose to the inside of the tub to check it wasn’t something it shouldn’t be and I was delighted when I got a lovely whiff of berries and not something else, phew!
It really does smell very nice and fruity and I think it is down to the cranberry essence. So, although it doesn’t look pretty – it smells quite good. Plus my lovely Mum has always taught me to never judge a book by it’s cover – so I went ahead and used it anyway, hoping it would work better than it looked!
- it smells fruity
- very gentle on sensitive skin
- amazing ingredients, a few are organic
- enriched with many organic ingredients and natural oils
- rich in vitamin C, aloe vera and amino acids
- it doesn’t look appealing
- it looks like shit, lets be honest
- at £14 it is a bit on the expensive side
- on the Derma Nu website they say the scrub will look like this:
(completely different to the brown one that I received)
Most facial scrubs I use are harsh on my sensitive skin and I often find my skin feeling delicate and a little sore but after using this on my face the exfoliatting were gentle abrasive on my skin. After washing it off my skin, I was left with a soft, smooth and moisturised face and after using a few times over a weeks course, my complexion brightened up and it helped to remove dead skin cell build-up on my face.
I’m quite pleased with the ingredients too, there are a-lot of organic ingredients in there and plenty of natural oils which are proven skin saviours. Organic Aloe Vera is quite high up in the list and it also contains Cranberry, Blueberry, Pomegranate, Rhubarb and Tangerine essential oils too so there is a lot of goodness in the facial scrub.
Most exfolliating scrubs contain harmful plastic microbeads but Derma Nu have used olive seeds, jojoba beads and hibiscus buds as the abrasives instead so skin is being is exfoliated gently and safetly with natural ingredients which is great!
This Oxygen Facial Scrub is definately something I’ll be using in the future. I wouldn’t say I would use it every day but I will use it once a week or whenever my skin needs a pick-me-up or it is looking dull and tired. It is only a small 50ml tub but a little bit of the really does go a long way so I would imagine it to last a while.
What I loved most: The lovely berry scent still lingered on my skin for hours afterwards, leaving it smelling of blueberry muffins! Yum!
You can buy the Blueberry Cranberry Oxygen Facial Scrub from Derma Nu here. It is £14.27 for a 50ml tub.
If you are from the USA you can get it here for $15.95.
*P.R sample / all opinions are my own*